These are the ten most read articles on FOSS Force for the month of April, 2014.
1. What Would You Do to Improve Linux? by Ken Starks. Published April 21, 2014. Reglue’s Ken Starks asks readers what they would do to make Linux better if they could. Great comments!
2. Making a Difference the Linux Way by Ken Starks. Published March 31, 2014. Software freedom and Linux is about more than just bringing a better [...]
Continue reading April’s Top Ten
These are the ten most read articles on FOSS Force for the month of March, 2014.
1. Linux for Seniors 101 by Ken Starks. Published March 3, 2014. Reglue’s Ken Starks writes on the trials and tribulations of teaching computer skills to seniors.
2. Breaking Microsoft’s Chains by Moving to LibreOffice by Christine Hall. Published March 11, 2014. A preview of a workshop on Linux migration at the Great Wide Open conference in Atlanta.
Continue reading March’s Top Ten
These are the ten most read articles on FOSS Force for the month of February, 2014.
1. Recommending Linux to a Friend by Ken Starks. Published February 21, 2014. Our Mr. Starks explains how he got one nothing-but-Windows user to try and like Linux.
2. Maintenance–The Achilles Heel of Linux by Ken Starks. Published January 30, 2014. Should Linux users fight back again “broken” aspects of their favorite distro because “that’s just the way it [...]
Continue reading February’s Top Ten
Yesterday afternoon about one o’clock eastern time, we began a migration to a new server. You weren’t supposed to notice the change. Or, if you did, it’d be like, “Wow! Look at how much better this site performs now!” We had it planned so visitors would just connect to our old server until the DNS change propagated the Internet and — voila! — they’d suddenly be visiting us on our new and improved server, without [...]
Continue reading We’re Back! Did You Miss Us?
These are the top ten most read articles on FOSS Force during the month of January:
1. Firefox OS: The Return of Microsoft’s Netscape Fears by Christine Hall. Published January 10, 2014. A look at Firefox OS’s use of HTML5 and what impact that might have on other operating systems.
2. Blame FUD for Microsoft’s Dominance in Schools by Ken Starks. Published January 16, 2014. Mr. Starks attempts to get information from the Austin, Texas [...]
Continue reading January’s Top Ten