Not-for-profit organizations with ties to tech, especially FOSS, are invited to take advantage of a new program at FOSS Force. This new program offers free advertising to non-profit organizations.
All accepted participants will receive free banner ads on our site linked to the landing page of the organization’s choice. In addition, participating organizations will receive a free information page in the “sponsors” section of our site. The ad sizes being offered are 180 X 600 […]
Continue reading Free Advertising for Tech Centered Non Profits
These are the ten most read articles on FOSS Force for the month of November, 2014.
1. 32-bit Man in a 64-bit World by Larry Cafiero. Published November 26, 2014. Many distros are dropping their 32-bit versions, leaving owners of older hardware out in the cold.
2. Linux Distros & the ‘Except When We Don’t’ Syndrome by Christine Hall. Published November 5, 2014. We love absolutely everything about our favorite Linux distributions — except when […]
Continue reading November’s Top Ten
These are the ten most read articles on FOSS Force for the month of October, 2014.
1. Breakthrough in Wireless Technology…Or Not by Ken Starks. Published October 7, 2014. Starks and a friend set out to construct a Rube Goldberg wireless antenna from a dumpling skimmer. Guess what? It works better than those sold at Best Buy or Radio Shack.
2. Synaptic Vs. Update Manager in Linux Mint by Ken Starks. Published October 28, 2014. […]
Continue reading October’s Top Ten
FOSS Force won’t be covering the Seattle GNU/Linux conference (SeaGL) which is scheduled to take flight this coming Friday and Saturday. Plans to cover the event were made public several weeks back.
The cancelling of SeaGL’s coverage was announced earlier today by FOSS Force publisher and editor Christine Hall.
“Unfortunately, we’ve been hit by an unavoidable scheduling conflict, which means it will not be possible for Larry Cafiero to be in Seattle to cover the […]
Continue reading FOSS Force Drops Coverage of SeaGL
These are the ten most read articles on FOSS Force for the month of September, 2014.
1. Is Oracle Using Canonical to Counter Red Hat? by Christine Hall. Published September 25, 2014. Is there a Red Hat connection to the interoperability deal between Oracle and Canonical?
2. You Know What Bugs Me About FOSS…? by Larry Cafiero. Published September 26, 2014. Hint: Can you say big logos and distro zealots?
3. Linux Tech Support & […]
Continue reading September’s Top Ten