Back about four or five years ago, when FOSS Force was just a young whippersnapper yelling to be heard, we found people first noticing us when we dreamed up a unique weekly feature we cleverly called the Top Ten List. It was an immediate success. Unfortunately, we can’t claim credit for originating the concept, as Michael J. Fox saw one of our lists on his DeLorean’s dashboard computer while on a foray into the twenty-first century, and told someone at NBC when back home in the eighties, who told David Letterman. We lost out when Letterman used it on his show and took credit for it — even though it was our idea years later in the first place. Thanks, David.
Until now, we thought the days of the Top Ten on FOSS Force were long gone. However, the systemd brouhaha has awakened the inner Top Ten List that has been sleeping within us for all these years. Today, for one day only, the Top Ten List returns for one last encore — or the last one until the next time something tickles us funny.
Ladies and gentlemen, from the home office in Omaha, Nebraska, here is this week’s Top Ten List — the top ten things Linux users say about systemd.
10. Shouldn’t that be capitalized?
9. It can’t be very good if all it got was a D.
8. I think that’s some kind of thing that Microsoft hangs on their servers.
7. We developers know what’s best.
6. systemd? Where’s my gun?
5. Will I still be able to watch Netflix?
4. Not nearly educated enough on the issue to make an informed assessment currently.
3. I don’t know nothing but I know what’s best and systemd ain’t it.
2. systemd? systemd? We don’t need no stinking systemd.
1. Things were going kinda good around here until you brought that systemd to the party.